Bring your baby and join Erica Rampant, Occupational Therapist and IBCLC, for a FREE Tummytime! ™ preview class.
This class if for pre-crawling babies and their caregivers. The Tummy Time! Method™ is a powerful, whole-body approach to oral function and successful feeding. It uses gravity as an assistant to mobilize and engage baby’s face, tongue, jaw, throat, and neck muscles, while helping to unwind baby from physiological flexion or “fetal position”. It facilitates the tongue’s greatest range of motion, activates reflexes, and helps to free restriction and body tension all things important for infant feeding!
What are the benefits of this class?
- Promotes social/emotional connection
- Optimal head shape by offsetting time spent on baby’s back
- Can improve the quality of feeds
- Improves posture, symmetry, and alignment
- Eases colic and reflux through weight bearing on tummy, reduces gas and It stimulates healthy digestion
Who should take a Tummytime!™ class?
- Pre-crawling babies and their caregivers
- Parents interested in learning more about their baby’s cues and developmental milestones
- Parents wanting to learn about strategies that improve feeding skills
- Parents wanting to learn calming strategies or activities to improve developmental skills
- Families interested in meeting other families with young infants