All classes and support groups at Charleston Birth Place are open to the public! Classes are hosted and managed by third party providers.
- This event has passed.
(CLASS FULL) Building Your Nest: Childbirth Prep Class
March 11 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
It’s time to ready your body and mind for birth.
We designed this one-day birth preparation class specifically for birthing people and their primary support partners. This class is ideal for people wanting an out-of-hospital or low-intervention birth. We’ll cover the basics of the stages of labor, what to expect, how to cope through each phase of labor, and how to prepare for the initial postpartum period. You’ll learn laboring positions, pain-coping practices, and tools for supporting a laboring person through the journey of labor, birth, and postpartum.
Cost: $200 per birthing team (birthing person plus support partner).
- $50 deposit due at time of registration
- Remaining $150 due to instructor the day of the class (via cash, check, or Venmo)
What to Bring:
- Lunch – We’ll take a break for lunch mid-day. Feel free to bring your own for a picnic outside or leave to get food from one of the many nearby restaurants.
- Snack – Bring a snack and something to drink.
- Comfortable Clothing – Wear comfortable clothes; this event is casual and we want you to feel your best.
- A Notebook and Pen – You’ll want to take notes and record your thoughts as we learn together.
Call Charleston Birth Place to register: 843-818-1123.