5 Benefits of Childbirth Education Classes
Confucius said it best when he said, “Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.” By learning and educating yourself about new things, you become confident and prepared for the future. That is why childbirth education classes are so important!
New parents and even veteran parents can feel uneasy about how to care for a new baby, but the more you learn about your pregnancy, labor, and parenting, the more confident you will become for your big day. That confidence can increase your satisfaction with your childbirth experience. There is research to back it up too! In addition to increased confidence for labor and birth, women who attend prenatal classes have a higher likelihood of breastfeeding, improved communication with their care providers, and decreased need for pain management medications in labor.
It is normal to have a lot of questions about your upcoming birth experience. Childbirth education classes answer the questions that many parents have and cover topics such as nutrition, labor coping methods, and breastfeeding.
Here are our top 5 reasons for taking a childbirth education class!
- Learn new things. You will learn the ins and outs of labor, delivery, postpartum, and newborn care and have time to ask all of your questions.
- Address your fears. Fear of the unknown outcomes of childbirth is common and classes give you the opportunity to discuss them with your partner and caregiver.
- Tour the facility. Learning more about the facility you will give birth in can help make it more comfortable and familiar.
- Bond with your labor partner(s). Classes are a great way to prepare and increase intimacy in couples.
- Figure out your birth preferences. Having a complete picture of all the ways things can be done can help you decide what is best for you and your baby.
An integral part of delivering at Charleston Birth Place is the education and preparation during pregnancy. We offer many classes and encourage them during your prenatal care.
- Information Session & Birth Center Tour
- Monday Night Labor & Birth Class
- One Day Labor & Birth Class
- Infant/Child CPR
- Prenatal Breastfeeding
- Infant Massage
*Our COVID-19 Guidelines
Group classes are limited to 10 persons and each couple is separated by 6 feet. Masks and all other precautions will be required. Persons attending classes are restricted to the classroom and bathrooms only.
Taking a childbirth class may seem like another thing to add to the never-ending to-do list for preparing for your baby, but it is one of the most important things you can do for your growing family! Do you have questions about what kind of childbirth class is right for you? Feel free to connect with us to learn more!