21 Apr COVID 19 Pandemic
Charleston Birth Place is committed to providing excellence in maternity care during the current public health crisis. We have instituted some precautions to protect our pregnant families and our staff. These measures are temporary and we will return to our previous policy regarding young children and guests as soon as possible.
- Only the pregnant client and her partner are allowed into the clinic and birth center.
- We conduct a temperature reading and screening questions on everyone entering.
- No children are allowed.
- We are conducting some of our visits via Zoom.
- Staff are wearing PPE masks.
- No in clinic waiting for visits. All clients are directly shown into the exam room.
- Exam room and equipment disinfected after each client contact.
This pandemic has brought more interest in out of hospital birth. Many families want to avoid the hospital unless absolutely required. We are accepting late transfers up to the anticipated due date. To accommodate anyone who wants to transfer into our care we have made some changes to our normal policies. We are reducing the initial deposit, and streamlining the new client process. Our orientation tour is now a webinar that is free for anyone who would like more information. Registration is available under our classes tab.
Stay safe and healthy. We are all in this storm together but the storm wont last forever.